Engagement with colleagues working in the field of digital health and social care is essential in sharing good practice to support implementation, establishing collaboration and identifying funding opportunities. As part of our focus on: Global Outlook and Reputation, Relationships and Partnerships and Securing Investment, we have select and respond to requests to participate in events and activities which promote and bring value to our work in Scotland.
- January 2020 represent Scotland at the international Ageing Fit conference in France, promoting good practice and work underway in Scotland.
- February 2020 participate in a knowledge exchange webinar hosted by Scottish Development International and Welfare Tech Denmark, targeting Danish digital health and care companies.
- undertake a visit to several municipalities in Estonia, hosting workshops to promote the use of the SCIROCCO tool (part of the SCIROCCO Exchange project) to support the scale up of Integrated Health and Care.
- deliver keynote and parallel sessions to outline the current work plans by the TEC, Digital Health and Care Directorate to Scottish stakeholders at the Digital Health and Care Scotland Holyrood Event.
- coordinate Scottish speakers and participate in the HIMSS TIGER Inter-professional Community Webinar: Critical Care and Recovery: What Global Health Care Leaders Can Learn from Scottish Innovation to Better Serve Patients.
- participate in the Judging panel for the Nesta and Scottish Government Healthier Lives Data Fund: identifying new innovative digital health technologies.
- March 2020 deliver a knowledge exchange webinar as part of our European Connected Health Alliance – Ecosystem Coordinator role.
- host the Scotland Europa Members Meeting in Edinburgh.
Events and activities from mid-March onwards took place online and focused on the digital health and care response to COVID-19. Sharing learning with Scottish and international colleagues, these included:
- present Scottish TEC response as part of the European Connected Health Alliance Pop Up Ecosystem Webinar – What our ecosystems are doing about COVID-19?
- April 2020 Digital Leaders Lounge – Open Session.
- share learning on the rapid roll-out of digital health and care in response to COVID-19 in the ECHA Pop Up Ecosystem Webinar – Hope in #COVID19 Times
- May 2020 American Health Information Management Association webinar deliver a presentation as part of the session: Telemedicine takes Center Stage during Covid-19. Sharing good practices from Europe.
- Digital Health and Care Learning Network goes virtual. Hosted a week of webinars to highlight good practice and new developments across digital health and care.
- the North Atlantic Corona Challenge – The TEC team was one of the supporters of the online challenge organised by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and NORA
- June 2020 European Connected Health Alliance ECHA Pop Up Ecosystem Webinar – sharing Scottish experiences with Latin America.
- participate in a knowledge exchange session & Q&A with the Irish Medical & Surgical Trade Association (IMSTA) quarterly meeting on Digital Health Leadership.
- deliver an update on Scottish roll-out of Near Me as part of the UK wide DigiLeaders Virtual Summit.
September 2020 –