Here are some ‘Top Tips’ for you that we have received from our Connecting Care Homes Learning and Support Network Forum participants, more information about joining this forum.
Our Top Tips are very varied and broad-ranging but all focus on how to support your residents and staff to get the best out of their digital device.
We are updating this list regularly so don’t hesitate to send us any of your own ‘Top Tips’ which you think would be of help to others, for inclusion. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your home may have more than one digital device and charger – if so, to help identify which charger goes with what device, label each item with the same labels you use for medical devices.
- Disinfect your devices according to your home’s guidelines on disinfecting shared objects and devices.
- With support, give your residents time to become familiar with the digital device in their own way.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things, whether this is spending time exploring everything your device can do or trying out new Apps and websites before showing and sharing with your residents
- Downloading onto your digital device and using a translator App to help communicate with residents and staff where English is not their first language.
- Create a home Chat channel in MS Teams for the sharing of recipes and activities. Here’s how to do that.
- Bean bag pillows are a useful tool for sitting the digital device on a resident’s knee or for propping it up on a table
- Regularly check-in on your colleagues and offer support - please check out our Resources for Staff page