Submissions of abstracts are invited from staff or students based in Scotland, the UK and internationally, who are working or studying in health, social care, housing, third sector or academic settings.
The Poster Review Panel has determined that successful posters should represent a mix of digital health and social care service delivery and digital health and social care research projects.
Successful poster abstracts will be invited to showcase a poster (Portrait A1) at the event on 14 December 2023, and a virtual ePoster on the Learning Toolbox platform making the successful abstracts accessible to a much wider audience.
Posters and abstracts should describe research projects or service delivery which demonstrate the use of digital tools in health, social care or home settings, supporting teams or individuals, for example, to:
- improve service users and/or carers ability to access health and care services
- support service users to manage their own health and care
- improve health and wellbeing
- transform a service delivery pathway
- develop workforce capability in digital health, social care or housing
Abstract content may:
- Present a digital health and social care service development or, research project which is currently underway or completed in the past 12 months.
- Explain (briefly) how this work relates to the wider digital health and care agenda.
- Identify target end users for the digital health and care service or research project.
- Clearly articulate the objectives for service users / patients / citizens and for the service providers.
- Include a brief explanation of the research methodology used for research studies.
- Include a brief explanation of the approach e.g. improvement methodology used for service developments.
- Clearly present outcomes/results/recommendations in a way that can be readily understood by those working outside your own area of practice.
- Include up to a maximum of 3 references.
What do I need to do?
- Visit the DigiFest23 website.
- Read through the abstract guidelines.
- Select 'Submit an Abstract' and sign in or register.
- Submit no later than 5pm Monday 16 October 2023.
- View the ePoster Guidelines to see what content you can upload to your online eposter stack if successful.
- After the review process, confirmation of submission will be sent out by 30 October.
- Successful submissions must upload their content by 4 December 2023.
If you have any questions please email NSS.SHSCEvents@nhs.scot