Remote monitoring can help people better understand their conditions and encourage them to take more responsibility for their health and wellbeing while reducing time spend travelling and attending appointments.
It also supports health and care services improve treatment and care planning by providing better availability of information to assist diagnosis and early intervention. Remote monitoring does not rely on the practitioner or person being available at the same time (i.e. Asynchronous).
Benefits for patients and clinicians include:
- Reducing the time between referral and the person receiving initial advice/support.
- Reducing the number of outpatient visits for patients.
- Supporting the efficient and effective use of NHS resources.
- Strengthening people's knowledge and skills to enable self management.
- Improving patient and clinician experience.
- Delivering care as close to home as possible.
- Ensuring faster and easier access to appropriate clinicians when needed.
Why are the benefits of Connect Me services for patients?
- Improved patient experience of service by providing reassurance that health indicators are ‘normal’
- Improved access to services for those most in need of them
- Providing new options for people to connect with their healthcare providers
- Supported self-management of some health conditions
- Improved longer-term outcomes
- Reduced travel and associated costs
- Reduced absence from work, education, caring duties, and other commitments by not having to attend appointments
- Reduced exposure to infection
- Easy, free, and convenient to use
Specifics can be on each pathway page.