Although the digital technology sector is the fastest growing economic sector in Scotland, predicted to expand twice as fast as the rest of the Scottish economy until 2024, and digital health is the fastest growing life sciences sector, there remain challenges and barriers to the systemic adoption of digital innovation within health and care. Although there are challenges, there are real opportunities to implement credible solutions which bring significant health and care benefits.
Digital Mental Health Innovation Hub
The Digital Mental Health Innovation Hub focuses on gathering insights and developing innovative products, services and training in a specific area of interest, building expertise, providing focus and progressing targeted actions together to help overcome key challenges in a specific field.
The Digital Mental Health Innovation Hub has interconnectivity with other innovation agencies and it’s work will align with the priorities of mental health in Scotland and works to ensure:
- Technology will have clear impact with products evidenced for use in mental health
- Technologies suitable for use in all geographical areas of Scotland e.g. rural areas
- Large scale impact to support wide scale adoption
- Clinically assured to ensure fitness for purpose
- Risk and evidence based analysis
- Feasible and accessible for end users