The equality impact assessment (EQIA) was undertaken by the Scottish Government. It assesses the potential impacts of protected characteristics, socio-economic factors, and remote and rural factors on the use of Near Me video consulting. The key benefits and barriers were:
- Helps people attend appointments in a safer manner
- Improved access through removing travel barriers
- Reduced time off work or education to attend appointments
- Supports carers, family members and translators to be involved
- People make assumptions about video appointments not being appropriate
- Lack of a safe and confidential space for video appointments
- Lack of inclusive communication materials
- People who are digitally excluded for whatever reason
Read the full Equality Impact Assessment report.
Supporting evidence can be found here.