This document is intended for Near Me implementation teams in NHS boards/HSCPs.
Near Me video consulting (powered by Attend Anywhere) can be used to reduce exposure to coronavirus by enabling both patients and clinicians to consult while in isolation. It can also increase organisational resilience by protecting the workforce and enabling support to be provided from different geographical locations.
Scenarios where video consulting may be beneficial include:
- For those with flu like systems contacting their GP or 111 services, where a video consultation can provide additional clinical information over and above what can be achieved by phone.
- For patients with confirmed coronavirus or quarantined due to contact with an infected person to have consultations at home to negate a home visit or attendance at clinic.
- To continue services while reducing the number of people coming into healthcare premises, who may be unknowingly carrying coronavirus.
- For patients in hospital with coronavirus, in situations where non hands-on care could be given by video to reduce the number of clinical staff being exposed to infection risk.
- For staff quarantined due to exposure but who are fit to be able to continue working.
- To enable additional health care support to be provided remotely to an area with a significant outbreak of coronavirus (including out of hours, acute and primary care).