The Chronic Pain Management pathway has been developed to support referral to secondary care chronic pain services through self-management.
This pathway will:
- Provide patient education and signposting at an early stage in the patient pathway.
- Collect relevant data from patients referred into secondary care chronic pain services using a standardised referral questionnaire and assessment.
- Support enhanced vetting to ensure the patient is directed to the right service.
- Assist shared decision making.
- Include collection of the Scottish Core Minimum data set.
- Standardise and improve access to chronic pain services across Scotland.